CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Venting, Friends, Snoqualmie Falls, and GO PACK!



A lot has been going on lately. Almost too much to write. Almost too serious to write about. Let me just say that as a teacher, as a human being, I really, honestly don't expect much appreciation. My job and my life are rewards in and of themselves. But I've never expected the opposite. I've never expected to be hated because of what I do. And maybe hate is too strong a word, I don't know. I guess I never expected to be victimized because of what I do, but I find that I have been put in that role. And I feel powerless and ignored and insignificant and maybe that is being over dramatic, but that is how I feel.

Thank goodness for my friends and my family (especially my sister). They have really stepped up to the plate and have really been there for me with advice and support and just letting me vent. I've also found support in an unexpected place, which is great.

Well, on to cheerier subjects. I went to Snoqualmie Falls yesterday with a friend and it was beautiful and relaxing and I had a wonderful time. We hiked a mile down to view the falls and a mile back up. Going down was fine, but going back up gave me a blister. It was worth it, though. The view was beautiful and it is hard for me to imagine a more beautiful, romantic spot on Earth.

Game day was spent with Jess who ALWAYS cheers me up and the Packers win was just icing on the cake. I got heckled very little, which was also nice. It was a good weekend. I just need to get through the week. I'm trying to fill my week. Tuesday: dinner at a friend's house. Wednesday: dinner with one of my favorite teacher friends. Now I just need to fill up the other three days before another glorious weekend. Maybe a movie. Maybe the dog park. I'll figure it out. I hate to feel that way about my work week and it really has nothing to do with the kids. It's not their fault. There is just this negative vibe there right now and I'm going to to my best to make it go away, but I wonder how much I really can do. Any thoughts?

So for now, I'll leave on a more positive note. Go Pack! Rodgers Rules! I am awesome and I know this deep down! If you believe in vibes, please send some positive ones my way. Ciao for now :)

1 comments:

~E said...

What happened?