CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, December 15, 2008

Gausthaus Schnitzel and a Carriage Ride




Okay, I don't have the pics yet, but it had to be said, I am dating the sweetest, most wonderful guy in the universe! Justin took yesterday off so he could take me to Leavenworth. For those of you who don't know, Leavenworth is a Bavarian village in eastern Washington. It is very quaint, and touristy and very Christmasy!
Justin was amazing the whole day! We got going pretty quickly Sunday morning and we were off after a quick stop at Starbucks. I was a little nervous about driving through the pass, but Rosie, Justin's trusty truck, really pulled through. The pass was not a problem at all.
Before we got to Leavenworth, we made a quick side trip to Wenatchee. Justin loves Sonic Drive-Ins and the closest one (for now) happens to be in Wenatchee (3 hours away). In fact, I'm not quite sure Leavenworth was the real reason we made the drive ;)
Leavenworth was amazing! It was really cold, but we toughed it out as we walked along Front Street, stopping to look at little stores selling things like nutcrackers and angels. We bought some yummy taffy at a store that sold every flavor imaginable.
The highlight of the trip had to be our carriage ride. Justin took me on a horse-drawn carriage ride through Leavenworth. Now, what kind of guy suggests a romantic carriage drive on a freezing day? I am too lucky for words.
After the carriage ride, we walked around a little more and when our cheeks started to go numb we went inside for a pretzel and some hot spiced apple cider. That warmed us up enough to go back outside for the tree lighting ceremony. That really got me in the Christmas spirit! I barely even noticed the cold. It helped that we were standing next to a roaring fire. Everything was lit up bit by bit... first one tree, then another, and finally all the store fronts.
Our trip to Leavenworth ended with great food at a little restaurant on Front Street. I forget the name of it, but the food was excellent. I had gasthaus schnitzel, which is breaded pork with a mushroom and onion sauce with cheese. Mmmmmmmm...... yummy! It really was a day of eating!
After dinner we headed home and crashed for the night. It was a great day, and not to sound too sappy, but I have the best boyfriend ever! :) I'll put up pics as soon as I can!

1 comments:

~E said...

Sounds like a ton of fun Katie! I'm off to go lodging with the cousins in a few hours but I hope you guys have fun at the dinner and I'll be looking forward to the pictures :)