CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Adventures!

The past few days have been completely insane, so are therefore worthy of an update. Thanksgiving was great! I love a Green Bay Thanksgiving! The food was superb and the company was beyond compare. It was great to see my family. I hadn't seen my brother in nearly a year! The holiday went along without any hitches until Friday when my uncle hurt his knee playing touch football. Touch football is a bit of a tradition with my family. We usually play Thanksgiving day and sometimes the day after. I opted out this year (I wasn't wearing appropriate shoes and had forgotten my tennies). Anyways, my uncle hurt his knee in the game. It looked painful! I think he had the most crazy Thanksgiving by far.
We went back to Chicago on Friday. Saturday was fun! We got dim sum in Chinatown and then my mom, my sister and I shopped State Street. I have to say that I really do miss shopping in Chicago! Then we had yummy Chicago-style pizza for dinner and saw "Australia" (good movie, by the way).
Things started going downhill on Sunday. My flight to Cincinnatti was delayed, so I managed to get an earlier flight. Unfortunatley, that flight was delayed on the runway. I missed my connecting flight to Seattle and had to stay in Ohio (technically Kentucky) for the night. They airline paid for a nice room, but the whole thing was a huge pain.
I managed to get a flight back to Seattle today, but I ended up missing another day of work. The silver lining was that I would get a few hours with Justin before he had to go to work. Unfortunately that didn't happen. He took my out to lunch and locked his keys in his truck. I have to hand it to Justin. I would have called Triple A and waited for help. But Justin tried to solve the problem himself. He bought some rope at target and managed to loop it around the window opener to open it a little bit. Finally, someone came around with a tool and he was able to get the door open. This process took an hour, which left about a half-hour for us to spend together. :(
I spent the rest of the day relaxing--- a mani/pedi and major vegging time. It's back to the grind tomorrow. Phooey!

0 comments: